last night a guy said to me “you are very, very pretty” and i said “i know” and he said like patronisingly “you KNOW?” and i said “you think you’re the first person to ever compliment me?” and he didn’t know where to go from there
Just a reminder that you’re whole without someone else. You are not a fraction. You’re a complete master piece all by yourself and you do not need anyone else to validate your existence.
i so am
and so are you friend
bexinterrobang said: What different kinds of programmers are involved in making a game? I'm a coder at heart, but I realise not all coders are the same!
There are all sorts of programmers in game development. Before I begin, I wanted to talk a moment about “high level” vs “low level” in programming terms. Usually, the higher your level, the better/more experienced/etc. you are. However, when it comes to programming, the level actually describes how far removed from the hardware/machinery you are. The lower you go, the closer to machine language it becomes and the fewer tools you have. The higher you go, the closer to the user you get.
Here are the more common ones
- Gameplay Programmers. They create the rules of the game, using tools and systems that other programmers build for them.
- Graphics Programmers. They take the assets that the artists create and decide what to display on the screen each frame, as well as what and how to apply effects.
- Network Programmers. They are primarily responsible for the sending and receiving of data online. Their primary skill lies in the creation of systems that can allow for latency and still work.
- Server Programmers. Very similar to Network programmers, but more about scale and how to handle and organize huge amounts of data and large numbers of users at once without the system collapsing.
- Engine Programmers. They work under the hood in order to get the most out of the hardware. They work with and/or create drivers to actually harness the hardware so that the higher-level programmers
- Tools Programmers. They build the tools used by designers and artists to create the assets for use in the game.
- User Interface programmers. They specialize in making the UI work. All of the meters, displays, timers, button prompts, options, etc. in the game are handled by these people. These folks also typically handle localization.
At some point, I’d like to fill out the rest of these with more in-depth descriptions, but I’m just going to go over the bird’s-eye view today. I’ve linked to the two more in-depth descriptions (gameplay programmer, and graphics programmer) for further reading. Hope this helps.
I JUST HEARD MY MUM SINGING THIS IN HER ROOM
"be our guest
be our guest
put your knickers to the test
throw them up against the wall
and if they stick
you’ve done your best”
AND WHILE I WAS CRYING WITH LAUGHTER I YELLED “WHAT THE HELL MUM” AND SHE REPLIED “I DON’T KNOW I JUST MADE IT UP” IN SUCH A PROUD VOICE
HONESTLY I DON’T KNOW WHETHER I SHOULD FEEL APPALLED OR AMUSED OR BOTH
Two students, James and John were given a grammar test by their teacher. The question was, “is it better to use “had” or “had had” in this example sentence?”
The teacher collected the tests, and looked over their answers.
James, while John had had “had”, had had “had had.” “Had had” had had a better effect on the teacher.
welcome to the english language
She wears short skirts I wear t-shirts and we’re both getting sent home from school because its distracting to boys apparently
okay this one made me laugh
petition for the next companion to not be a white girl in her 20s who crushes on the Doctor
petition for the next companion to be a grumpy chinese-american grandma who complains about plot-holes and knits the doctor horrific time-travel-themed sweaters to wear when she thinks it’s cold out (most of the time)
reblogging because this is the best idea ever
IT MUST HAPPEN
show: doctor who